Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mac mania under the microscope


I'm sure many readers, like myself, have shaken their heads in mystified wonder at the cult-like adoration of Apple computers (and other electronics) by their users. I've never been that fascinated with any of the tools I use, whether they're computers, hammers, firearms, vehicles or whatever: but there seems to be a kind of person that falls madly in love with Apple and "preaches the Apple gospel" from then onwards, forever.

There's a new documentary coming out that seeks to analyze this phenomenon. It's called "Macheads", and is due for release in mid-year. There's an article about it here, and the trailer below gives some initial insight into the world of the Machead.





Strange . . .

Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us "Macheads" just like to get things done on our computers without having to deal with malware, crashes, etc all of the time. Not to mention the ugliness and non-functionality of things like Vista and IE 7.

That being said, I've no intentions of "upgrading" to the newest Mac OS, Leopard, as it breaks some old Mac metaphors and is actually a downgrade. I'm also not keen on the new all-in-one iMacs as it's just about impossible to get inside them to replace any components should they fail.

But all in all, the Mac OS still outperforms Windows by a huge margin.

I also don't have an iPod or iPhone, as they're grossly overpriced for what they do.

-- chicopanther

KG said...

What Chicopanther said.
Since buying a Mac I've been amazed that I put up with Windows for so long--this thing just works.