Monday, February 4, 2008

Military Motivators


EDITED TO ADD: The Military Motivators blog has been discontinued and taken down, due to circumstances in the life of its author. Blackfive has taken over the Military Motivators archives, and is now publishing new ones as well. To view them, click on the link above.

Peter

__________


A few weeks ago I mentioned Demotivators and linked to their Web site.

Today I'd like to introduce you to Military Motivators. I highly recommend spending an hour or two going through their archives. If you've served in the military you'll split your sides at a bunch of them: and even if you've never served, you'll have fun. You can also build your own Military Motivators using their software.

I've included a selection of my favorites below. Most of them are fun - the last one is a reminder. Click on any picture for a larger version.

Enjoy!

Peter






























































6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me laughing until that last one. I need to go wipe my eyes now.......

Doug
USMC(Former)

HollyB said...

Doug expressed my thoughts just fine.

Peter said...

Sure, Doug, Holly: but I think you know why I put that last one in there . . . and I'm sure you agree that it's needed.

I came back from my wars. Twenty-seven of my buddies didn't. I remember them - and their families.

Anonymous said...

Both of my grandfathers and their brothers were all U.S. Army during WW2. Mom's daddy served in the Pacific island hopping campaigns... New Caledonia through the Philippines... while the rest served in Europe. They all came back, and while I grew up on their stories, I tend to also remember a multitude of men they served with who didn't make it. Kinda like my discussions with a friend who served back then as a Marine 0331 (machinegunner) who saw his best friend get it on the beach at Iwo Jima... when I look at like that, I think when they lost buddies, so did the rest of us.

That said, I tend to like those kinds of phots/captions. It may be on the same site... I haven't checked it out to find out yet... but I recall a photo of a U.S. Marine with a mule. Stuff like that hits when I remember the Cav. and the mule pack artillery.

Alison said...

I'm using that last photo on my site.. hope you don't mind... it expresses alot in just a few words. Thanks for reminding us.

Anonymous said...

The last one was good... For every soldier. I'm a german equal for a private 1st class, serving in german air force in a base where U.S. Air Fore is used to serve there. I like many of them; comrads. Even if we all are in different armies, countries, even continents, we're comrads there. I hope it isn't only here like this...

Will save some pictures,if allowed