Saturday, February 2, 2008

So you're going to have a colonoscopy?


I received the following by e-mail from a friend (hat-tip to Gordon).

A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominantly male) while he was performing their colonoscopies.

  • "Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!"
  • "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"
  • "Can you hear me NOW?"
  • "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
  • "You know, in Arkansas this makes us legally married."
  • "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"
  • "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out . . . "
  • "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"
  • "If your hand don't fit, you must quit!"
  • "Hey, Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."
  • "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"
  • "God, now I know why I'm not gay!"
  • "Could you write a note for my wife confirming that my head's not up there?"

Having enjoyed those, of course, how can we possibly conclude this post without listening, with all due reverence, to The Ode To The Colo-Rectal Surgeon?





Peter

5 comments:

Murphy said...

Lordy.

The comments had me rollin'.

Anonymous said...

Well, it all makes sense...

...but that song...

Ooo-kaaaaay.

Well, I can see why they'd be a hit at the colo-rectal surgeon's convention.

I started to not sign this one.

HollyB said...

While all these comments were funny...I think, should I need another one, I'll have it the way I had the last one: stoned on Versed before, unconscious during, and still a bit stoned after.

Deborah Cullins Smith said...

Gosh, I wish I had read these before my colonoscopy yesterday! I could have put a few of them to good use....

Yes, I do believe my dignity got lost somewhere along the way. And I still haven't located it... If you see it along the roadside, please send it back!

cathikin said...

I'll have to remember these when my time comes...

But the treat wasn't complete. The video has apparently been removed. Boo!