Thursday, March 13, 2008

Home delivery our specialty


From the Defense Department comes this news release of the bombing of an Al Qaeda compound in Iraq:

WASHINGTON, March 11, 2008 – Three buildings that had served as an al Qaeda detention and torture facility were destroyed yesterday by a U.S. military bomber.

A B-1B Lancer bomber used six 500-pound, global positioning system-guided bombs to level the compound located in Zambraniyah, a village south of Baghdad, according to officials.


What impressed me was the picture provided. Click it for a full-screen version: and when that's displayed, click it again for a high-resolution image.




Notice the birds taking wing at the bottom left-hand corner of the picture? And the bomb just above the black cloud of smoke? Now that's what I call stop-action photography!

(And the results doubtless amount to stop-terrorist technology!)

Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Memo to self...send coordinates...City Hall...Berkely

Anonymous said...

That is sweet.

I showed my co worker, he said he hopes no one was in there.

I said if they were then they were Al Quaida.

He said they are people too.

Guess I'm kinda heartless, not caring about people who want to see us dead.

Rogue Medic said...

Gee, my cell phone doesn't take pictures like that.