Sunday, May 25, 2008

Annual 'zombie walk'???


I note with some trepidation that the city of Brisbane, Australia, has just held its annual Zombie walk.

More than 1500 people gathered at Roma Street Parklands adorned in costumes ranging from undead pirates to slaughtered nurses and even a deathly bride or two.

This year's walk, the third to be held in Brisbane, is part of a movement of zombie walks which has spread across the United States and Canada in recent years.

In yesterday's march, the fetid and rotting participants dragged their re-animated bodies along Adelaide Street through the city and on to Fortitude Valley.

Once in the valley the horde coalesced at The Planet Nightclub where, as zombies don't need sleep, celebrations went on well into the night.









Hmm. Personally, I have no ambitions to take on the appearance of the undead. I enjoy living too much, thank you all the same!

And I don't know whether a 'zombie walk' would be a good idea where I live. Round these parts, folks refer to such things as a 'target rich environment'.



Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of an AP Wire story I'd read awhile back...

Zombies arrested for Fake WMDs (weapons of mass destruction)