Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Are you on the list?


Shamelessly stolen from Indigenous Geek (who's now added to my Reciprocal Blogroll too):




Hmm. I qualify in a few of those categories - and I'm a retired pastor!

Methinks those who compiled the categories might want to take a look in the mirror. Have they never over-indulged in alcohol, even once, as a teenager experimenting with 'forbidden fruit'? Never indulged in even a single instance of masturbation? Never tried pot? Never . . . well, you get the idea. Basically, according to such narrow-mindedness, one slip and you're goin' down, buddy!

Not my concept of either God or religion, thank you very much.

Peter

5 comments:

Harrison said...

Well, I guess I won't be gettin' into doggie heaven. Not only am I a sports fan, I participated in a sport--and in show biz.

Christina RN LMT said...

Well, I'm doomed, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Romans 3:23-24

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.

*****

All sin is sin. Fortunately, Jesus is the son of God, and has paid the price for us.

While this sign isn't how I'd have phrased it, there is a bit of theology behind it.

Anonymous said...

Sports fans?!? What in (if you'll pardon the expression) heaven's name have SPORTS FANS done to tick these wackos off?!? (And aren't 'lesbians' and 'homosexuals' the same thing?)

These folks need to read their Bibles more: specifically the parts about "judge not, lest ye be judged".

Rogue Medic said...

Looking at that list I'm not as bad as I thought I was - or I've got a lot of catching up to do. :-)

Why would I consider it heaven, if it is populated with all of these perverts? They probably spend more time thinking about sex than the child molesters do.

As for witches, wasn't Saint Joan burned as a witch? They have a wonderful history of oopsies.