Thursday, August 28, 2008

How Generation Y got its name


An e-mail from Fred M. explains this conundrum.

I've always wondered about this myself. Now I know.

  • The Silent Generation, people born before 1946.
  • The Baby Boomers, people born between 1946 and 1959.
  • Generation X, people born between 1960 and 1979.
  • Generation Y, people born between 1980 and 1995.

Why do we call the last one generation Y? I didn't know, but a caricaturist explains it eloquently. Learn something new!








Peter

4 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

I larfed so hard I scared the puppy off my lap.

Anonymous said...

Good explaination

SpeakerTweaker said...

For the first time in my life, I'm actually feeling good about being Gen X.

Barely;)



tweaker

Anonymous said...

Same goes for "ladies" with their whale-tails. Even if they're good looking... its still low-class.