Thursday, August 28, 2008

How Generation Y got its name

An e-mail from Fred M. explains this conundrum.

I've always wondered about this myself. Now I know.

  • The Silent Generation, people born before 1946.
  • The Baby Boomers, people born between 1946 and 1959.
  • Generation X, people born between 1960 and 1979.
  • Generation Y, people born between 1980 and 1995.

Why do we call the last one generation Y? I didn't know, but a caricaturist explains it eloquently. Learn something new!



jigsaw said...


phlegmfatale said...

I larfed so hard I scared the puppy off my lap.

fuzzys dad said...

Good explaination

SpeakerTweaker said...

For the first time in my life, I'm actually feeling good about being Gen X.



reflectoscope said...

Same goes for "ladies" with their whale-tails. Even if they're good looking... its still low-class.