Monday, September 8, 2008

More political fun and games


A few days ago I asked whether the Far Left had gone stark staring bonkers over McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his Vice-Presidential running-mate.

In the same vein, I give you a script by "madamab", which has had me giggling all day! An excerpt to whet your appetite:

THE SCENE: BILL and HILLARY CLINTON’S bedroom at 3:00 a.m. It’s warm, welcoming and done in classic American Country style. Photos of friends and family cover every surface, and their various awards and commendations hang on the walls. BILL and HILLARY are asleep in bed. Both are wearing her black t-shirt with the white writing and pantsuit picture on it. Next to each CLINTON is a bedside table with a red phone on it. The phone is modern, with caller ID.

The red phone next to HILLARY’s side rings. Both CLINTONS sit up in bed immediately.

BILL: Yours, or mine?

HILLARY: Mine. (checks the caller ID) Oh, well well well. It’s DNC Headquarters in Chicago.

BILL (grinning devilishly): Heh. I’ve been waiting for this one. Put it on speaker, honey.

(HILLARY picks up the phone and hits the speaker button.)

HILLARY: Hello?

BARACK OBAMA (on the phone): Hey there, Hillary. Sorry to call you so late, but I’ve had a really hard time getting you on your cell lately.

HILLARY (rolling her eyes at Bill): Uh-huh. Gosh, sorry about that, Barack, but I’ve been busy trying to stop President Bush’s latest outrageous blow against contraception and choice. I figured since you didn’t pick me for Vice President, and I’ve already said my piece about Sarah Palin, our business together was concluded until after the election.

BARACK (uncomfortably): Well, um, uh, see, I think I, uh, still need your help.

HILLARY (leaning back into her pillow, starting to enjoy herself): Oh, really?

. . .

PELOSI: Hillary, dear? It’s Nancy.

HILLARY: Yes, Nancy, what can I do for you?

PELOSI: Look, I understand why you would be reluctant to go after this woman. But we are prepared to offer you….compensation.

HILLARY: Oh, really? (She and BILL exchange knowing looks.)

PELOSI: Yes indeed. We see now what a horrible, horrible mistake we made picking Joe Biden instead of you for Vice President. We can remedy that any time you want, Hillary - even tomorrow, if you wish.

HILLARY: Ah. (enjoying their humiliation and prolonging it as long as possible) And Joe’s okay with this?

PELOSI (grimly): He will be, if he wants to keep being a Senator.


There's lots more at the link. Enjoy!

Peter

No comments: