Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not a bad idea!


Via Gizmodo, we learn of a refrigerator designed especially for those sharing a home. It was designed by Stefan Buchberger, who entered it in the Electrolux Design Lab 2008 competition, where it's one of nine finalists.




The Gizmodo reporter goes on:

Buchberger said he decided to create Flatshare from personal experience, after discovering that “there is nothing more disgusting than a dirty fridge in a shared flat.” I had one of those experiences. One former roommate had made a creamy fruit salad in the fall, and plum forgotten about it when she moved out in the winter. I could've sworn the monstrosity that greeted me three months later asked me if I was the Gatekeeper.


I like the reporter's sense of humor - and Buchberger's idea! The only problem I can foresee is that if your section of the shared fridge is well-stocked, and your friends' sections are bare, yours is likely to be the target of frequent raids. (In my younger days, we solved that problem by each having a small bar fridge in our rooms.)

Peter

1 comment:

Julie said...

or they could just design key pad locks into each section ...