Wednesday, April 8, 2009

From Presidential Action Figure to cartoon superhero!


Remember the Barack Obama action doll?




Well, now there's a series of comic books coming out about him, and some other political characters too.

Barack the Barbarian: Quest for the Treasure of Stimuli #1




From a far away land rises a mighty hero. The son of peasants from two different realms, the one known only as Barack protects the people of Hope Kingdom at all costs. Watch as he takes on the likes of Boosh the Dim, Red Sarah and Cha-nee the Grim in this hilarious first issue!

Written by LARRY HAMA! Variant cover featuring Red Sarah!




In the distant future the story of Barack Obama has become a little... distorted. According to THE MADDOWIAN CHRONICLES he was the one destined to save the great republic of America and dethrone the overpaid despots of the time. Join Barack, Sorceress Hilaria, her demi-god trickster husband Biil, Overlord Boosh and Chainknee of the Elephant Kingdom. Who can the lone barbarian trust, if anyone?


According to the publisher, the first issue's due in June. I have a feeling this might be some of the best political satire in this country for years! I can hardly wait to see their take on the 2012 elections!



Peter

7 comments:

Old NFO said...

Any bets the Obamabots will try to shut it down?

Anonymous said...

I WANT ONE!! HOW & WHERE DO I GET IT!! Guaranteed to be an instant collector's item! And too funny, to boot. For me, one of those "must haves".

B Woodman
SSG (Ret) U S Army

Anonymous said...

Kind of kills me that a Japanese toy manufacturer has highjacked our guy this way. I bought me the Obama Action Figure made in the USofA. It's better cause I can understand him when he talks to me. :)

Karina Fabian said...

ROFL! You know he chose for his Secret Service Codename "Renegade"? Hope that gets in the comic somehow.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this.
I went to the "according to the publisher" website, set up an account and reserved my copies.
I'm really looking forward to reading this.

Old Fud

phlegmfatale said...

The Barack cartoon kinda makes me gag, but I admit I'm sort of digging the Sarah cartoon. :P

Is that female clinging to his leg supposed to be Michelle, though? She doesn't looke nearly enough like a barracuda.

On a Wing and a Whim said...

The Sarah cartoon makes me giggle very, very hard. You see, Palin's old friends with one of our local morning radio jocks, so it's not that unusual to tune into KWHL in the morning for hard rock, bathroom humor, and the occasional call-in from our governor (even when she was potential VP.) Anyone can call in and ask her questions - and it's a morning radio show; she takes the humor in stride.

The one I remember, looking at that cartoon, was when she said "The thing that gets my goat is the press saying Trig is Bristol's baby. He's MY baby, and I have the stretch marks to prove it!"