Monday, July 13, 2009

Anyone need a small travel trailer?


I'm about to list a small travel trailer for sale on eBay, but I thought I'd give my blog readers first crack at it, if anyone's interested.

It's a 2005 18½-foot Fun Finder model by Cruiser RV. It's in excellent condition, as I bought it almost simultaneously with my on-the-job injury, which has prevented me making much use of it. It has a bathroom with shower and toilet (never used), double gas plate, all the usual cupboards, dinette, etc. Here's a photograph of it in my yard:




This particular model is the 189FBR, with a fixed queen-size bed up front in addition to a child's bed overhead and a fold-down dinette. You can read more about it (and see pictures of the current version) at the Cruiser RV Fun Finder Web site. The floor plan is as follows:




It has a fiberglass exterior, twin gas bottles, a roll-out awning - all the usual stuff. Air-conditioning and a heating furnace are standard.

The NADA average resale value for this trailer is a little over $9,000. However, I know I'm not likely to get that on a private sale, as I can't offer the same financing options as a dealer. A nearby dealer has already offered to put it on his lot at $9,500, haggle a bit about the price, and sell it for $8,500-$9,000. He'd take a 20% commission on the deal, and let me have the balance, which means I'd get somewhere between $6,500 and $7,000. So, if any reader wants it for $6,500, please e-mail me for more information - my e-mail address is in the blog profile. I'm in north central Louisiana, and can deliver the trailer anywhere within a reasonable radius, if desired (at the buyer's expense). Taxes, if applicable, and other costs are for the buyer's account.

Oh - in case anyone was wondering, it's fully paid for and has a clean title. I'll consider part exchanges for a 6'x10' or 6'x12' enclosed cargo trailer of quality manufacture, V-nose preferred.

Peter

No comments: