Saturday, July 18, 2009

An exorcism of a different kind


Being a (medically retired) pastor, I'm familiar with the Rite of Exorcism, and the occasions on which it may be used. However, I can't ever recall going about it quite like this . . .

A nurse accused of shooting her ex-husband in the groin inside his chiropractic clinic while their two young daughters waited outside had written in her diary that she needed to create "portals of exit" for demonic spirits, a detective testified Friday.

Tina Loher, 41, a registered nurse from Eidson, had written in a diary obtained by investigators after the July 10 shooting in Signal Mountain that left 38-year-old Terrance "Terry" Loher seriously wounded, Hamilton County Detective Rodger Brown said. She had also been taken to a hospital briefly with a head injury. She has been charged with attempted first-degree murder and two counts of reckless endangerment.

. . .

Brown said Tina Loher's' diary contained an entry that included: "Terry is filled with three demonic spirits. One is assigned to me, one to each of my children. The purpose is to destroy us. The only way Terry will stop trying to destroy us is if the spirits exit his body today. I will have to create three portals of exit, that way they can leave."


There's more at the link.

Blowing holes in someone to let the demons out? I'll have to check the Rites, but I'm pretty sure that's not kosher . . .





Peter

2 comments:

LabRat said...

I would lay my bet that she was sowing ground for an insanity plea. These seem to be particularly easy for violent women to get, at least as compared to men.

Of course, I also have to take into account personal bias in not wishing to believe people are that crazy unless forced to.

Arthur said...

"Blowing holes in someone to let the demons out? I'll have to check the Rites, but I'm pretty sure that's not kosher . . ."

Someone hasn't read Larry Correia's Monster Hunter International yet. :P