Thursday, July 30, 2009

A rather unique scarecrow!


It seems a Chinese farmer has invented a unique form of that ancient technology, the scarecrow.

A peanut farmer claims to have discovered the perfect way to keep birds off his plants - by flashing them with a pair of large white breasts.

Farmer Wing Fu said: "I had tried everything else. If I fired a gun in the air they were always back minutes later - then I used the scarecrow but they weren't worried and just sat on the scarecrow's head to survey which peanuts they were going to eat."

He said he had come up with the idea to use the breasts after travelling into town at Wuhan in eastern China's Hubei province and spotting an old clothes mannequin that had been dumped beside the road.

He said: "It had no head and no arms but it was bright white and I thought to myself why not give it a try."




He added that ever since the pair of large white breasts had been stationed in his field he had few problems with the birds and has now ordered another dozen white mannequins with extra large breasts to be stationed on the other peanut fields.

Fu said: "Other farmers have already asked me about boring them and I even go into the scarecrow press business."


Sounds like his cup(s) runneth over!



Peter

No comments: