Friday, July 24, 2009

Will you bee mine?


A Chinese couple have taken a rather creative approach to their wedding - to put it mildly!

A Chinese couple have got married wearing clothes made of thousands of living bees.

And despite the fact that most of their pals kept their distance, the couple were still delighted with their new clothes.




Husband Li said: "I have been working with bees for two decades and it was the obvious choice for us for our big day.

"I also wanted to set a world record for the biggest coat of bees - I put a queen bee on each of us but the only thing is it was impossible to count how many bees we had - I don't know if a guess is enough?"

His wife added: "It was an amazing feeling to have a carpet of living bees moving over my body.

"I could feel them as they moved around - it was amazing. I have always loved bees but this was a totally new experience."


There's more at the link.

I'm sure it was indeed 'a totally new experience' - both for them, and for the official or minister conducting the wedding! I wonder if he got danger pay?



Peter

No comments: