Friday, September 18, 2009

Avast, me hearties!


'Tis September 14th on Saturday, an' that be Talk Like A Pirate Day, arr!

The day was founded in 1995 by John Baur and Mark Summers, but remained a largely private affair until the duo enlisted the aid of comedian and columnist Dave Barry. His 2002 column on Talk Like A Pirate Day swept the country, and since then it's become ubiquitous, even spreading internationally. Baur and Summers still maintain a Web site which proclaims itself to be:




and goes on to admonish us to accept no substitutes.

In this video, Baur and Summers (a.k.a. Ol' Chumbucket and Cap'n Slappy - I don't know which is which) teach us how to go about it.





So avast, me hearties, and rrrrolll yourrr arrrrs tomorrow!



Peter

2 comments:

Brian Dale said...

Arrrr! It's me birrrthday today, so I'm allowed to Talk like a Pirate all yearrrrr, matey...

I don't abuse the privilege, though {wink}.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't their website be http://talklikeapirate.arg ?


Antibubba