Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Home again


Well, eight days after my heart attack, I'm back home, quadruple bypass and all. My chest hurts like hell whenever I cough, but I'm told that's an expected and unavoidable part of proceedings. It should improve over time to where it doesn't double me over; and in the meantime, I mustn't let it double me over, for fear of pulling out the stitches! Anything you say, Doc . . .

I got home to find all the packed boxes of my move (abandoned en masse last Monday) waiting where I'd left them. I'm restricted to picking up not more than eight pounds (the equivalent of a gallon of milk) for the next two months, so the house will remain largely unpacked until then! I'll probably start on a few boxes that I can unpack one tin or article at a time, and transfer them to their new homes. The rest must wait.

I'll get back into blogging slowly, too, picking up on my usual sources for entertaining headlines. I can see there's been a rich crop while I've been out of action, as my other posts will show tonight!

Thanks again for all the good wishes, people.

Peter

7 comments:

tjbbpgobIII said...

I found that I could squeeze my chest together with my hands and help a lot of the pain subside, especially if I could actually do it before the fact.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're making good progress, Peter. Oh, yes, the pain of coughing, sneezing or anything related. Oh boy, do I remember that.

Oh, btw, I see your 4 part bypass with a 5 part, hehe..

Eric said...

Glad to have you back and to hear that you are doing good!

Jay G said...

Glad to hear you're home Peter. You had us worried, y'know?

Seth from Massachusetts said...

Welcome back. We've all been worried about you.

Crucis said...

Glad you're home. Perhaps some good neighbors will drop by and help you unpack.

You point to where it goes, they do the totin'.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you are back home.God Bless,Rick