Monday, November 2, 2009

Anyone for (a whole lot of) tiramisu?


That's because a team of French chefs have whipped up the largest tiramisu in the world.

Weighing in at 1,075.92 kilograms (2,367 pounds) the giant tiramisu -- which means "Pick me up," or "Send me to heaven" in Italian -- was officially logged as a new Guiness World Record, according to an AFP reporter.

A dozen pastry chefs worked through the night on the dessert, with an ice rink set up specially at the fair in Villeurbanne near Lyon to keep it chilled.



A judge measures the world-record-breaking tiramisu



The giant recipe used up 300 kilos of mascarpone, 60 kilos of cream, 192 of sugar, 180 of boudoir biscuits, 4.8 of cocoa powder and 12 kilos of chocolate.

Chefs also cracked in 72 kilos of egg yolks and 108 of whites -- the equivalent of 4,000 eggs -- as well as 120 litres of water, 9.12 of coffee and 18 litres of marsala wine.


There's more at the link.

I really like tiramisu . . . and after reading that, I'm really hungry!

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I really like tiramisu . . . and after reading that, I'm really hungry!"

Well.... talk to your cardiologist before whipping up a batch.