Thursday, November 19, 2009

The dirtiest PC's ever?


I'm obliged to reader H. M. for forwarding me the link to these articles.

The Register, a UK paper, published a picture of a particularly dirty personal computer (below), and invited readers to send in photographs of similarly polluted PC's.




Readers in tech support hastened to send in images of nightmares they'd experienced. Here are a few of them.









Mice in a printer's power supply



There are many more at the link. It's worth checking them out - and then checking your own computer, to make sure it doesn't look like any of them! How some of those computers kept working, I just don't know . . . it offends the former System Engineer in me!

*Shudder!*

Peter

3 comments:

Carteach said...

Okay..... I am opening the box this weekend for a look.

Yuck.

JohnMXL said...

The livestock facility where my father worked donated some surplus PCs to the local public library.

I was tasked with rehabbing some of the boxes. I found debris built up like the photos with the added bonus of pig manure dust.

Forget canned air...I had to use my shop air compressor...and a respirator.

Grace Bridges said...

It's times like this I'm glad I use a laptop!