Saturday, November 7, 2009

Internet service down


I apologize for the lack of blog posts yesterday and today. My DNS Internet service went down, and after much to-ing and fro-ing with AT&T Tech Support, it appears that it won't be up again until Monday. They're going to have to dig something out of the ground to fix it.

I'm stealing bandwidth from a nearby wireless network to post this brief update. I'll hopefully be able to post a full complement of articles for tomorrow, by driving to a wi-fi hot-spot. Service should be back to normal by tomorrow night, and my Internet access restored to normal by Monday night.

Thanks to all who've kept checking in. More posts will follow as I can make them.

Peter

5 comments:

Rick T said...

I have been told that the DNS server(s) at 4.2.2.2 are a viable backup/alternate. If your main link is working try adding that IP address to your network config.

Old NFO said...

Take your time Peter, we'll be here.

John Peddie (Toronto) said...

Given your post Thursday about light blogging, I was worried your absence might be for medical reasons. Thanks goodness it's not.

ISP's?

We can fix those anytime.

Crucis said...

Thank you, Peter, for the update. I'd wondered about you not posting yesterday and was concerned you may have had a relapse.

BTW, most systems will allow you to add a 3rd DNS server in your lookup link. I have the first two by Comcast and a 3rd from the company that supports my domain.

That won't help if the outage is actually due to a failure to connect to the internet---say by a backhoe digging up the lines.

Robert McDonald said...

I have 'enjoyed' this same particular adventure on more than one occasion. I hope it works out as you plan.