Thursday, December 3, 2009

Quote of the day


The blog Do Over, one of those linked in my reciprocal blogroll, published an article titled 'Wildlife Menu' back in September, which I've just got around to reading. From that article, I took this quote about Texas red ants.

one of the ‘little’ red ants tried to bite my foot off and when I stomped him his whole family crawled in my shoe.

Just FYI .. sitting down on the neighboring anthill to remove your shoe .. not a good plan. No matter how bad your foot hurts do not let the ants ‘trade up’. Dancing on the anthill wishing you hadn’t gotten out of bed that morning is not really any improvement on an already bad plan. Trying to spontaneously develop the ability to levitate in order to take off your drawers without putting a foot on the ground … not a good backup plan. I suspect they’re called fire-ants because dousing yourself with gasoline and lighting yourself on fire is the only way to get the little buggers off. kerosene maybe.

I wonder if you can cross an anteater with a rhino….


There's more at the link. Very funny, and worth reading.

Peter

No comments: