Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2nd birthday to this blog!


On January 1st, 2008, at 8.11 p.m., the first entry was made on this blog. In its first year, it grew slowly but steadily. On its first anniversary last year, it had received 288,711 visits.

Over the past year, growth has been fairly explosive. As of 8.11 p.m. this evening, January 1st, 2010, this blog has had 922,718 visits and 1,377,298 page views. At that rate, the millionth visitor will arrive within a few weeks.

I must admit, I never expected so rapid a growth in readership when I started this blog: but I'm very pleased to have had your company along the road. I'll try to continue to put up material that I find interesting. If you also find it of interest, I hope you'll keep calling in here to read it and share your comments. If you don't, please let me know, and I'll do my best to keep improving this blog's standards.

Finally, a big "Thank you!" to Lawdog, who nagged me for months to start blogging. If I have a 'blogfather', it's him.

Peter

3 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Happy Blogiversary, Peter!

John Peddie (Toronto) said...

Agreed.

People come back because of the quality content and guaranteed daily updates.

Other bloggers who do both of those things are also successful.

I can easily identify six on your list that I follow for those reasons, and I'm sure there are several more.

Or as my journalist son-in-law would say, "Gotta feed the goat every day".

Grace Bridges said...

Congrats on passing the two-year mark! Well done, and long may it last. You're the most regular blogger on my list!