Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sorting out


After the mammoth move, now comes the fun part - sorting out possessions! We're not in a house of our own, but renting a couple of rooms from a friend. That means some of our things will be unpacked and used, while others will be stored in the basement for several months until we move into something of our own (which will be a much easier job than the long-distance move just completed).

Today was spent unpacking a pickup truck, loading it up with excess 'stuff' belonging to our landlord/friend to take to Goodwill, unpacking individual items and storing them in just-offloaded furniture, rinsing, repeating, etc. By tomorrow evening we hope to have everything unloaded from the trailer (the last unloading job to be done) and indoors at last. Then there'll be several weeks of unpacking and sorting . . . I can't find the charger for my cellphone, and I'm hoping it turns up before I have to buy another one!

I'm being observed as I do my evening blog posts by my friend's dogs, an elderly female Labrador and a young collie male, who thinks he should be allowed out of his sleeping cage to chew my computer's cables while I work. (That's why he's in the cage already!) I'll have to train them not to chew cables before I trust them to lie peacefully at my feet.

More blogging tomorrow.

Peter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cost of a replacement cable is directly proportional to its chance of being chewed. No kidding.

Jim

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the charger too... MY luck, I found mine 15 minutes after I came home from buying a replacement... sigh...

Rova said...

It's good to know you're safe and sound! Wait till you find you already have TWO chargers (a year or so from now).

Juan Gil is a lovely red with which to unwind from a busy day (a rare ribeye and some crusty, fresh bread).

ajdshootist said...

If you go and buy another charger you will find the other one about half an hour later! I lost my favorite knife look for best part of a year finally ordered a new one within 25mins of the post arriving with the new one found the old one its called sods law!