Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A truly remarkable love story!


I'm amazed - and very happy for the couple - to read of a rather special love story. The Austrian Times reports:

A broken-hearted fiance planning to throw himself off a bridge found love again - with a girl who was about to jump to her death from the same spot.

Devastated Andriej Ivanov, 26, wanted to end it all when his fiancee died in a car crash the day before their wedding by jumping from the bridge in Ufa, central Russia.

But when he got there he found tragic Maria Petrova, 21, climbing the railings after being thrown out by her parents for falling pregnant.

She was seconds away from plunging more than 100 ft into the icy Belaya River when Andriej pulled her back from the brink.

"Something in my heart snapped and I couldn't let her do it no matter how broken my own heart was.

"I shouted, 'Stop' and ran over to her. She fell into my arms sobbing and I began crying too. We held each other and talked, and talked and talked. That night saved my life - and hers," said Andriej.

The couple talked into the night and agreed to help each other mend their broken hearts.

Now they plan to get married after telling their families of their amazing escapes from death.

"He is my knight and my saviour," said Maria.

"All that pain was worthwhile because it led me to my Andriej," she added.


If that doesn't warm the cockles of your heart, I don't know what will! Best wishes to the happy couple for a bright future.

Peter

3 comments:

Noons said...

Indeed! May their Gods bless them!

Old NFO said...

If that isn't FATE, I don't know what is...

Anonymous said...

Hell of a way to start a relationship, but if they're happy now then the power to they.

Jim