Monday, May 17, 2010

An unforeseen hazard of motorcycling


I rode a motorcycle for many years, but I have to admit, I never had anything like this happen to me!

As I passed an oncoming car, a brown furry missile shot out from under it and tumbled to a stop immediately in front of me. It was a squirrel, and must have been trying to run across the road when it encountered the car. I really was not going very fast, but there was no time to brake or avoid it—it was that close.

I hate to run over animals…and I really hate it on a motorcycle, but a squirrel should pose no danger to me. I barely had time to brace for the impact.

Animal lovers, never fear. Squirrels can take care of themselves!

Inches before impact, the squirrel flipped to his feet. He was standing on his hind legs and facing the oncoming Valkyrie with steadfast resolve in his little beady eyes. His mouth opened, and at the last possible second, he screamed and leapt! I am pretty sure the scream was squirrel for, “Banzai!” or maybe, “Die you gravy-sucking, heathen scum!” as the leap was spectacular and he flew over the windshield and impacted me squarely in the chest.


There's more at the link. Go read for a good long laugh!

(A tip o' the hat to FreeThinker for the link.)

Peter

4 comments:

Mikael said...

Thanks for that, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. That is an absolute riot.

ajdshootist said...

That was a good laugh friend had a cat land on his lap while riding, cat was being chased buy a dog jumped on to a parked car and my friends lap while crossing the street
he nearly dropped the bike with the suprise!

Anonymous said...

And just think, MY wildest experience on a bike only had two bees flying into my crotch!

Bob Perrow

Anonymous said...

Poor cops. At the least the guy on the bike had a tiny bit of warning of what he was in for.

Jim