Thursday, May 20, 2010

A very interesting Web site


I came across 'Today I Found Out' this afternoon - and promptly spent a couple of hours reading through its archives. Even though the site's only been online since January, there's already a wonderful selection of material there.

The site's author explains:

Today I Found Out is a site bringing you new interesting “brain food” articles every day. It was originally inspired by the wonderful sub-reddit “Today I Learned” which is one of my favorite subscriptions on reddit.

. . .

Having an incredible range of things I’m interested in and generally spending a lot of time every day learning new things procrastinating from my “real” work, I decided to start this site in order to make my procrastination a little more constructive. :-) If nothing else, hopefully this site will give you interesting tidbits to talk about at cocktail parties or around the water cooler at work.


Subjects that tickled my fancy today included:




There are many more of them at the link. Very interesting and highly recommended reading. Congratulations to the author on a well researched and presented site.

Peter

No comments: