Monday, August 9, 2010

Obesity epidemic? What obesity epidemic?


Via Dustbury, we learn of what must be one of the most calorie-rich desserts ever created.

The Cherpumple is the dessert version of the Turducken. It’s a three-layer cake with a pie stuffed in each layer. YUM! Cherpumple is short for CHERry, PUMpkin and apPLE pie. The apple pie is baked in spice cake, the pumpkin in yellow and the cherry in white.




The inspiration for the Cherpumple came from the typical desert table selection you would find at one of my family’s holiday celebrations. Seems there’s always cherry, pumpkin, and apple pie and a cake that’s a family tradition. It has a layer of spice and a layer of yellow. Since I always want to have a piece of each of the pies and the cake I figured why not make that waaaaaaaay more convenient. So I baked them all together as one and the Cherpumple was born.


There's more at the link, including a recipe for those adventurous (and skinny) enough to want to try it! There's also a video showing how it's done.

I'm long past the stage where I could afford to try something like that, I'm afraid. Even watching the video of its creation was enough to add ten pounds to my waistline!





Peter

No comments: