Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blog fashion???


Via Dustbury and Ayyyy!, we learn of a company called Mod Cloth and their special dress for bloggers. They describe it as follows:

As a full-time blog writer, you know that there’s no reason to sacrifice ease in the name of style when you’re swanning around for hours with your laptop in tow. This loose-fitting babydoll dress makes a perfect match of both with its functional button front, cuffed short sleeves, and dark grey trim. A star-like pattern adds to its charm, as do its useful pockets. Transition from typing at home to meeting up with your readers for cupcakes by adding a fitted blazer, grey tights and a high, sturdy pair of heels, and you’ll be feeling both comfortable and confident as you chat the night away.

Uh-huh. If you say so . . .

Personally, I'd never considered apparel as an essential accessory to my blogging activities. I can see now that I've been remiss (not to mention terribly lacking in fashion consciousness) in ignoring so fundamental a feature of the online world. However, it pains me to admit that the dress above does absolutely nothing to inspire me. It's just not . . . not me, if you get my drift.

That being the case, I invite you, dear readers, to suggest ideas that I might like to consider for my blogging wardrobe. Use your imaginations, let rip with your flights of fancy, and in Comments let me know what you think would improve my blogging, apparel-wise. If you can include links to a garment, or pictures, or links to pictures, so much the better. If you come up with some good ideas, I'll feature them in a blog post in a couple of days.

Over to you!





Peter

4 comments:

Secesh said...

Black penny loafer, grey flannel slacks, smoking jacket with ascot, and a Sherlock Holmes pipe. Not only dashing but very erudite.

John Peddie (Toronto) said...

In summer, Speedo and clogs should about do it; accessorize with a snarky T-shirt for those oh-so-important reader social engagements.

Winter uniform consists of grey sweats.

WV "bling"

Nope-npne o' that needed.

STxRynn said...

I think you should invest in at least one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfDyqjltN5s

I can imagine you rapidly typing as the thoughts roll. You don't want to be distracted when the "creative juices" are flowing, or any other juices for that matter!!!

Get 2, so one is always donned, and the other is washed and ready for action!

Just think of the increased productivity, the comfort, the efficiency!!!

And be sure to post a pic with your new togs. I'd be interested to see them in action.

Take care...de...STxRynn

Christina RN LMT said...

An oversized, comfy bathrobe. Maybe thick socks, if your feet get cold. :)