Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Is this 'neurological test' for real?


A friend sent me a link to an alleged neurological test on a New Zealand Web site (link is to an Adobe Acrobat file in .PDF format). The test claims that if you can find the solution to the three questions it asks, your brain is functioning at an optimum level, and you're in no danger of succumbing to Alzheimer's disease in the near future.

I've no idea whether or not the test is legitimate, but I've seen it mentioned elsewhere on the Internet over the past couple of years. Snopes doesn't mention it as a known hoax, but then, that's not exactly confirmation that it's real. So, I thought I'd throw the question out to my readers. Does anyone know if it is, in fact, a worthwhile test, or just another Internet myth? Please let us know in Comments.

Peter

5 comments:

Julie said...

mmm i found 'n' easier than the 'c' .... personally i think the category of 'jokes' is appropriate.

Anonymous said...

"Does anyone know if it is, in fact, a worthwhile test, or just another Internet myth? Please let us know in Comments."

I don't remember whether it is or not.

Anonymous said...

what test?

HeroHog said...

Smoked through it in seconds, no cursor, no finger, just my eyes. I take it that's a good thing?

Anonymous said...

well, if you look at the path to the file, it is filed under "jokes"