Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rules of EMS


My blogging buddy Ambulance Driver and his friend Ron have put up two posts giving the Rules Of EMS. They're very much tongue-in-cheek, often laugh-out-loud funny, and very true.

I've never been a qualified EMT or paramedic in the US sense, but having been trained in first aid by, and crewed ambulances (as a volunteer) for, St. John Ambulance in South Africa during my late teens and early twenties, I have some idea of what's involved. These rules not only tickled my funny-bone, they brought back somber memories of some things I'd rather not remember . . . times when the funny wasn't there at all, just the desperate struggle to save a life. Sometimes, we succeeded. Sometimes, we didn't.

I highly recommend both articles. Thanks, AD and Ron, for putting them up.

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Typical for AD, some of it will make you laugh and some of it will make you think, but all of it will make you glad you read it.

Jim