Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The reality faced by emergency workers every day


My buddy Ambulance Driver has written a post to rip your guts out. I know exactly what he means, both as a former volunteer ambulance assistant in South Africa, and as a pastor who's had to make the high-speed run to an Emergency Department too many times to give the Last Rites to those on the brink of eternity. Like him, I've been there, done that - but I could never have expressed it as well as he does.

Go read. Now.

Why are you still here?

Peter

4 comments:

suz said...

Stunning. Thank you for the link.

Old NFO said...

He got it right...

perlhaqr said...

Why are you still here?

'Cause I've already been there and I finally finished crying.

Anonymous said...

That anyone does that well speaks to wit and education; that they do it willingly speaks to strength inside I can barely comprehend.

Jim