Wednesday, December 15, 2010

When correction becomes comedy


Via an IRC conversation at Gunblogger Conspiracy, I was introduced to a Web site called 'Damn You, AutoCorrect!" It chronicles the mistakes made by the Auto Correct feature incorporated into many mobile devices, which monitors and attempts to correct what it thinks are misspelt words in text messages.

Many of the mistakes aren't printable on a family-friendly blog like this. Others are more suitable for a general audience, but still very funny. A few examples:








(Click on any image to be taken to its page on D.Y.A.C., with user comments.)

Apart from the sexual and/or scatological nature of many of the errors, it's a fun site to visit. I can usually find a few laughs there. You might like to check it out for yourself.

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I finally turned my autocorrect off...I was finding too many of these types of funny errors, decided I didn't need anything making me look even more foolish!