Thursday, December 2, 2010

When road signs tell you you're not wanted


I had to laugh at news of an errant traffic signal in Spokane, Washington.




The image above of a one-finger salute in front of a bridge in Spokane, Washington's amusing, but permanently damaging a piece of public property is bad. However, it appears this isn't a permanent condition. It's just snow packed into the grate that covers the light. Unlike older models, new signals equipped with LED lights won't melt the snow away. It's an amusing oversight.


There's more at the link.

Is this supposed to tell pedestrians to . . . er . . . cross somewhere else?



Peter

1 comment:

Miss Kitty said...

I found this on a website just this morning, and laughed my @$$ off. Chances are I wouldn't be offended if I saw it while crossing the street...I'd probably laugh like crazy because it's unexpected. A street-crossing non sequitur, perhaps.