Monday, January 10, 2011

It'll be the urination of you!


I note with some . . . er . . . misgivings, that SEGA has introduced a new series of games in public urinals in Japan. They call them 'Toy-lets', and they're powered by - of all things - urine!

Each urinal is installed with a pressure sensor and an LCD screen is mounted on the wall above, which lets you select from and play four different minigames. There's "Mannekin Pis", which simply measures how hard you can pee, and "Graffiti Eraser", which lets you remove paint by pointing a hose in different directions.

There's the faintly misogynistic "The North Wind and Her", where you play as the wind trying to blow a girl's skirt up, and the harder you pee, the harder the wind blows. Finally, the bizarre "Milk from Nose" is a multiplayer game where you compete against the person who last used the urinal. The strength of your urine streams are compared, and translated into milk spraying out of your nose. If your stream is stronger, your milk-stream knocks your opponent out of the ring. If you do particularly well on any of the games, you can download and save your information to a USB stick.




There's more at the link. Personally, I can see no reason whatsoever why I'd insert my USB stick into a public urinal, but to each his own, I guess . . .

What bothers me is where this might lead. If urine is the activating mechanism today, what will it be tomorrow? Will one's Number Twos have to be flushed with success, so to speak?

On second thoughts, let's not go there . . .





Peter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, funny thing is, I had heard something like this was in the works several years ago, back when I was reading Electronic Gaming Monthly. They had mentioned it somewhere in an article about really weird video games... xD;;

dave said...

Sounds like a clever way to get guys to keep it in the bowl.

Ambulance Driver said...

"Personally, I can see no reason whatsoever why I'd insert my USB stick into a public urinal, but to each his own, I guess . . ."

Must... resist... double entendre...