Monday, March 7, 2011

Revenge of a sibling!


I laughed out loud at a very funny post on Imperial Invectives the other day. The author describes how she 'related to' her younger sister. There's lots to laugh at, but this paragraph in particular gave me a fit of the giggles:

I also managed to exact a bit of revenge when I convinced her that the clothes dryer was a confessional. I directed her to climb in and talk to the air vents inside, telling God all her sins. If she heard one "boom" she was forgiven, if she heard two "booms" she had to do penance. And never mind the whirring sound (as I tried to start the dryer). And of course, I derived great pleasure in telling our parents all her dirty little secrets.


There's more at the link. Recommended and amusing reading.

As a retired pastor, I'm afraid that just tickles my funny-bone! I've had to "have a talk" with children like that . . . but it's very difficult to be sternly paternal when, inside, you're cracking up!



Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hehehe- Good one! Sometimes I 'miss' having a brother or sister!