Monday, May 16, 2011

Laugh of the day


Firehand, over at Irons In The Fire, posts an archery story that'll have you falling off your seat with laughter. Here's a brief extract.

Around age 10 my dad got me one of those little bad-ass compound bow beginner kits. Of course, the first month I went around our land sticking arrows in anything that could get stuck by an arrow. Did you know that a 1955 40 horse Farmall tractor tire will take 6 rounds before it goes down? Tough sumbitch...

That got boring, so being the 10 yr. old Dukes of Hazard fan that I was, I quickly advanced to taking strips of cut up T-shirt doused in chainsaw gas tied around the end and was sending flaming arrows all over the place.

One summer afternoon, I was shooting flaming arrows into a large rotten oak stump in our backyard. I looked over under the carport and see a shiny brand new can of starting fluid (Ether). The light bulb went off in my head...


Much more at the link. Go read, and laugh!

How that kid (and many others, including myself) survived childhood, I just don't know . . .



Peter

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! THAT WAS HYSTERICAL!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord, I could see every bit of that! Never underestimate the power of creativity and youth in combination.
LittleRed1

Anonymous said...

It isn't just the story, it is his finesse in telling it, too :-)

Jim