Thursday, May 19, 2011

The only golf club you'll ever need?


I don't play golf. In fact, I regard a golf course as a tragic waste of a perfectly good rifle range! Nevertheless, this report in the Daily Mail made me smile.

In these days of ever-growing convenience you could call it par for the course.

Inventors have come up with a golf club that can be adjusted to mimic a bag of woods and irons.

The club can be everything from a putter to a driver thanks to a device inside the heel that tilts the head in 33 ways.

It allows golfers to choose from five putters, two drivers, three fairway woods, 14 irons, or nine wedges - all at the turn of a dial.

The 33-In-1 Golf Club, which costs £123 [about US $200], retracts to 19 in for ease of portability during travel or on the golf course, said maker Hammacher Schlemmer.


There's more at the link.

I wonder if golf club rules will still require you to hire a caddy, or a golf cart, to carry it around?





Peter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bertram Wooster showing off one of them newfangled adjustable golf clubs :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAuhhWYhitc

shooter said...

It's really nothing new. I used one just like that in high school PE class. Everything from a putter up to a driver on one club. His looks nicer than the one I used, though.

DaddyBear said...

Don't remind me. We've got the PGA coming to golf course down the road from us, and it's already crazy. I'm just glad I won't be in town on Memorial Day weekend.

Anonymous said...

A club I caddied at forty years ago had a member who had one like this. There is nothing new under the sun.

RUss

Justthisguy said...

My Uncle Herbert had one very like that about 40 years ago. I was playing with him and Dad one time when its head flew off and narrowly missed MY head. I heard it whistle past my ear.