Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Extreme cycling - down the side of a volcano!


This video clip from a Japanese program shows a cyclist exceeding 100 mph as he careers down the steep slopes of a (presumably extinct, or at least inactive) volcano. He makes it the first time. The second time, at a speed of 107½ mph, his bike can't take it any more, and comes apart beneath him as he wipes out spectacularly.







Even in my madcap younger days, I don't think you could have paid me enough to try that!





Peter

5 comments:

Don said...

IIRC, the cyclist was French and the volcano was in Central or South America. The bike frame was carbon fiber, but the front fork tube just couldn't take the stresses and shattered.

The guy's got stones, I'll give him that :-).

Anonymous said...

Brave but not real bright

Old NFO said...

THAT left a mark or three... Large balls, NO brains!

Evyl Robot Michael said...

Does it make me a bad person that I cracked up at his wipe out? I cringe when I see bystanders get hurt, but when someone's risks pay out for them, I find it quite hilarious.

Anonymous said...

He should've made sure his helmet was secure--pumice rash to the face is BAAAD!

Antibubba