Monday, November 21, 2011

Of lizards, shoes, and unpleasant surprises


Fellow blogger Bob at The Eagle's Nest had a harrowing experience the other day. He writes about it in heart-wrenching (not to mention side-splitting) terms. Here's a sample to whet your appetite.

On my way out to at least partially fill in the trenches for the new sprinklers and lines I had to run, I stopped to change from my sandals to my boots. I learned a long time ago not to press on the top of a shovel with anything but boots on, and that includes an exclusion for sneakers. One ripped open ankle area is enough for most people.

I learned a new dance today, one never before performed by someone already hurting from several days’ work with a totally fused lumbar spine. And a lizard learned the experience of unadulterated sheer panic.


There's more at the link. Go read it all for a good laugh!

Sorry about your foot, Bob . . . almost . . . if it weren't so funny . . .





Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Thankfully it wasn't a scorpion! And it was FUNNY :-)

Bob@thenest said...

Thank you, Peter and NFO.

And the doc said if I'd told him before the exam rather than afterward he'd still have checked both feet. He's always been very thorough. :-)