Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Flight-testing the Boeing 787


Boeing has released an 11½-minute video covering the flight test program for its new 787 Dreamliner, conducted from December 2009 until the aircraft's final certification in August 2011. Clearly, it's marketing-oriented material, but it also contains much that's of interest to aviation enthusiasts such as yours truly. I recommend watching it in full-screen mode.







I look forward to flying aboard a Boeing 787 in the not too distant future (I hope!).

Peter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do a lot of International flying and I can't wait till the B787 comes on line.

I've flown most AirBus vehicles including the A330, 320, 319's, etc (except the A380) but I prefer the Boeing line.

The B757/767/777 are ancient, but reliable and user friendly.

Toejam

trailbee said...

What a great vid. I have been afraid to fly for years. I do it when I must, but I put myself in a holding pattern, with my eyes closed until we're up. I think flying in this plane wouldn't be so bad. :)

Old NFO said...

Boeing guy here too... Don't like Airbus and I stay off them if at all possible...

SiGraybeard said...

I am proud to say I designed three different radios on that airplane. And worked on some more.

Never got a free ride, though. Heck - I'd love to just be able to go see them installed and in use!

Hunt Johnsen said...

Really flexy wings on that puppy - trust they've designed out any divergence or flutter. As a child I was surprised by the flex in a DC-3 wing, but that was inches, not meters.