Thursday, March 22, 2012

There's political correctness, and then there's Marine correctness!


Yesterday I posted an article about a retired Marine who expressed himself in, shall we say, less than politically correct terms when discussing a forthcoming visit to Iwo Jima, where he'd fought during World War II.

Reader Maisie K. e-mailed me the following cartoon, from Broadside. She said my article yesterday reminded her of some of her son's experiences in the Marines, as he described them to her.




I think that says it all! Reminds me of my own military service in South Africa, where I had the great good fortune to receive training from some former US Marine Corps instructors, who joined our service after the Vietnam War. I've always said I owe my life to the lessons they taught me . . . some of which were conveyed precisely like that!

Go read more Marine cartoons at the Broadside Archives and Greenside Archives (click on any image there for a larger view). I like them. They bring back many memories of my time in uniform. Thanks, Maisie!



Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Marines, if they aren't cussing, they aren't talking... :-)