Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Geriatric grandstanding?


I'm getting more than a little fed up with Madonna's grandstanding.  This month alone, she's publicly insulted a French politician;  then she had a 'nip slip' in Turkey;  and now she's flashed her butt in Italy.  I'm not a fan of her music, and never have been, but I thought she was at least supposed to be a singer - not merely the discordant echo of a rapidly fading pop culture.

If she can't rely on her singing to attract attention any more, isn't it about time she retired?

Peter

2 comments:

perlhaqr said...

Well, I'm not sure "publicly insulting a French politician" actually counts as a mark against her.

I mean, gimme a mic and a TV camera and I'll be happy to go to town on Hollande.

LabRat said...

Don't forget throwing around drug references at a big music festival. Which cheesed off another performer who is actually relevant.