Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday ear-worm


I'm not normally a fan of Rammstein, the so-called 'industrial metal' group from Germany.  Nevertheless, I came across their song 'Ohne Dich' recently, and was intrigued.  It's a love song, with much less doom, gloom and depression than many of their other pieces.  I liked it, so I thought I'd share it with my readers this morning.  (Lyrics - in the original German and translated into English - may be found here.)




Not your average Rammstein piece, that . . .

(Miss D. points out that one of the funnier aspects of YouTube is the use of Rammstein as background music to many videos.  It's incongruous to look at a clip of aircraft, or something like that, while Rammstein sings in the background - in a famous play on words - 'You hate me'!  I guess people today don't take the trouble to find out what the lyrics mean - they just listen to the sound.)

Peter

No comments: