Saturday, August 11, 2012

World's most expensive hot dog?


Yahoo! News has published a photo slideshow titled 'Most Expensive Foods in the World'.  Among its many mind-boggling entries is this one.

Photo by: Capitol Dawg
Hot Dog, $145.49
On May 31, 2012, Sacramento's Capitol Dawg made its way into the pages of the Guinness Book of World Records with its California Capitol City Dawg.




Served on a foccacia roll, the world's most expensive hot dog is an 18-inch beef frank topped with Swedish moose cheese, Italian white truffle butter, French mustard, garlic-herb mayonnaise, smoked maple bacon from New Hampshire and local balsamic vinaigrette.

There's more at the link.

A hundred and fifty bucks for a hot dog???  Ye Gods and little fishes . . .





Peter

7 comments:

Jess said...

I don't care how many pigs they had to train to help with the butter, I'm not spending that much for a hot dog.

SiGraybeard said...

I say God Bless America. If you have the money to drop $145 on anything for a meal, knock yourself out. That said, there's no way on God's green earth that I'd pay that for dinner for two with my dear wife!

BobG said...

I'm afraid to ask what a side order of fries costs...

Will said...

Notice the location? That's the capitol of CA. That dog is designed to separate a politician from his pocket change.

Anonymous said...

Capitol Dawg is about 3 blocks from where I live! The rest of their menu is much more reasonably-priced.

Antibubba

trailbee said...

My husband just signed US up for a CHIP program. I could cry.

Matt Wennerlund said...

It does say moose cheese. I wonder if some of the cost is hazard pay for milking the moose.


Matt


Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...