Friday, March 29, 2013

Amanda Palmer on the freedom of asking


Amanda Palmer is one of the most uninhibited and least conventional musical entertainers out there.  She recently spoke to the 2013 TED conference about how she stopped charging for her music, and started giving it away for free.  She merely asks her listeners and fans to give her what they think the music is worth to them.  It's a pretty interesting tale.





You can read more about her presentation at the TED blog.

I can't say I particularly enjoy Ms. Palmer's music, but then I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud, musically speaking.  Now, if I could get her to cover Jethro Tull's 'Aqualung' . . .





Peter

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Interesting concept, and I don't see Sony or any other record label adopting THIS method of sales... sigh