Monday, April 8, 2013

Mouf, stop dat droolin'!


Oh, my, oh, my . . . oh, my.

Friend T. S. is in the process of preparing his father's firearms collection for sale, to pay for the latter's care and medical necessities.  (I've already bought two of them from him, as I mentioned a few days ago.)  He took a bunch of the best examples over to Oleg to have photographs taken.  I've selected some of the results to reproduce here.  They're all unfired reproductions of historic firearm models, produced in the last sixty to seventy years.

(A Class III Drool Alert is in effect for firearms enthusiasts.  Cover your keyboards before proceeding further!)



Cased pair of Colt single-shot Derringer-style pistols, chambered in .22 Short,
nickel-plated, with consecutive serial numbers





Colt Single Action Army revolver, chambered for the .45 Colt cartridge,
nickel-plated:  'Lawman Series - Bat Masterson' commemorative edition, cased





Colt Single Action Army revolver, chambered for the .45 Colt cartridge, Royal Blue finish,
'Arizona Territorial Centennial 1863-1963' commemorative edition, cased




Cased set of Smith & Wesson Model 19 revolver, chambered in .357 Magnum,
and a highly polished and decorated Bowie knife, issued to commemorate the
150th anniversary of the Texas Rangers, 1823-1973




Colt New Frontier Buntline revolver, chambered in .22LR, nickel-plated, cased



He's got several dozen more guns in that condition - absolutely mint, unfired, in velvet-lined wood presentation boxes.  Most are commemorative editions of one sort or another, and are real works of art.  Personally, I wouldn't buy them as art, but to shoot;  however, I know there are those who don't share my more prosaic approach.  They're real eye candy - magnificent, unblemished finishes, whether blued or nickel-plated, ivory or wood grips . . . all pristine.

If any of my readers want to learn more about them, and perhaps buy one, send me an e-mail (the address is in my blog profile), and I'll forward it to my friend.  I know his father is in poor health, and needs the money that his gun collection will fetch, so I'm glad to be able to help him out.  His prices are fair - not 'steals', but not over the top either, and pitched at the lower end of market value for quicker sales.  Reasonable offers will be discussed.

My main problem is to stop myself making offers for some more of them.  I can't afford them, but that doesn't stop 'the voices in my head' nagging me!  When I looked at that beautiful Arizona Centennial commemorative revolver, I was hard pressed not to start whispering, "My Preciousssss . . . "  With the right holster and belt combination, what a BBQ gun that would make for Miss D.'s and my next visit to Lawdog and Phlegmmy in Texas - not to mention making Tam and Brigid insanely jealous when we next head up to Indianapolis!



Peter

1 comment:

perlhaqr said...

Daaaaaaang. Those are pretty.

And the little Derringers are so cute!