Monday, July 29, 2013

The economy - "The Candy Man Can!"


It's seldom that I read a newsletter where every page, almost every paragraph, is so important that I find it impossible to select a meaningful excerpt to share with you here.  However, one such newsletter arrived in my inbox today.  It's the latest "Things That Make You Go Hmmm..." newsletter from Grant Williams, brought to you by Mauldin Economics.  This one's titled 'The Candyman'.

You really, really need to make the time to click over there and read the entire newsletter.  It's quite long (39 pages in the .PDF version), but it's crammed full of useful information, including one of the best summaries of our current economic plight that I've ever read.  I regard it as essential reading, and I can't recommend it too highly.

Go read the whole thing, and when you've done that, download and save the .PDF version.  This one goes into my permanent collection.

Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Thanks Peter. Sad news indeed!

Rova said...

Well, if it all comes crashing down I'll likely make it for about three months, give or take. Maintenance meds for asthma, etc run over $4oo/month with most of them generics. Two more years and we might - just might - be able to weather up to a year.