Thursday, August 1, 2013

A good month


My second novel was published in mid-July, joining the first that came out in mid-May.  The resultant interest from you, dear readers, and from others was completely beyond my expectations.  Sales of Book 2 soared, and also revitalized sales of Book 1, which had begun to taper off.  I ended up selling over 3,100 books during July.

Since publication day of Book 1 in mid-May I've sold well over 5,000 books in total.  That was the minimum target I set in my 2012 business plan for book sales across all my titles during the entire first year of publication!  I got there a lot faster than I'd planned (not that I'm complaining, mind you!).  I've got two more books in preparation for publication later this year;  a memoir of prison chaplaincy in mid-September, and the third novel in the Maxwell Saga in the November-December period, all being well.  (I'm about a fifth of the way into its final draft right now.)  If the latter two books are as successful with readers as the first two have been, I'm going to have a very merry Christmas indeed!

Thank you all very much for your support.  I couldn't have done this without you, and I'm profoundly grateful.  You're literally making it possible for me to support myself and my family once more, as I described in the background article I wrote for Mad Genius Club last week.  Given that a neurosurgeon told me, eight years ago, that I'd never be able to do that again in the conventional manner, you'll understand how much this means to me.

Finally, if you enjoyed 'Ride The Rising Tide', may I ask that you please put up a review of it at Amazon.com?  That's very helpful to new readers who are considering it, but not yet sure whether or not they'll like it.  Thanks in advance!

Peter

8 comments:

Mark/GreyLocke said...

And you just sold another one sir :) I"m going to be reading it this weekend.

Noons said...

Ditto!

Old NFO said...

Peter, you done good my friend! Keep it up!!! Very enjoyable reads, and I can tell you've put a lot of yourself into those...

Rev. Paul said...

I'm glad to hear the books are doing so well. Rarely have I read a first novel from anyone which was so well done, and the second was that much better again. Congrats!

Carol said...

Started the first one yesterday. Finished it yesterday. Bought the second this morning. My review of the first will go up on Amazon today. Excellent work!

Tom Bridgeland said...

Excellent. Excellent. Excellent! It helps that so many people already knew you were a great writer, from years of reading here. Congrats!

Carol said...

I'm sure you knew this was going to happen, but I just saw Sarah Hoyt's recommendation of your book on P.J. Media, via a link at Instapundit. That should sell a few books!

TJIC said...

> 5,000

Glad to have been 0.02% of the crowd! ;-)