Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life, in the words of others


I recently came across an article titled '100 Best Quotes About Life'.  It contains many quotations and sources that are new to me.  A few examples:

  • All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Any idiot can face a crisis – it’s day to day living that wears you out.  – Anton Chekhov
  • Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. – Mark Twain
  • He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. – Friedrich Nietzsche
  • I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day. – E. B. White

There are 95 more at the link.  Interesting, sometimes amusing, and definitely thought-provoking reading.

Peter

1 comment:

Billll said...

Attitude is everything.

The world owes me a living, and it's behind on the payments. - My brother, Dave

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to destroy the world. This sometimes makes it hard to plan the day. – Me