Saturday, August 31, 2013

Roberta hits one out of the park


Roberta X has penned a magnificent satire on religion and humanity over at her blog.  She's framed it as a science-fiction story titled 'Scene In An Alien Barracks'.  I think it's brilliant!

Although I'm a man of faith, I have no problem at all acknowledging the absurdities of religion, and how it's frequently produced rather more heat than light among us.  I think that there are far too many believers of any and all faiths who lack the ability to laugh at themselves.  If we learned that, we'd be a whole lot better off as human beings - and a lot more convincing about what we believe, too!  (I reckon anyone who could name two of his more rambunctious followers the 'Sons of Thunder', and remorselessly skewer the proud and the pompous, had a sense of humor that's worthy of emulation.)

I think Roberta's done an excellent job of highlighting some of the absurdities of religion.  Go read, and decide for yourself.

Peter

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That she did, and it was hilarious!

Morris said...

I'll have whatever Roberta's having! My dreams are too dull..

Hilarious, Roberta.