Sunday, March 23, 2014

A chandelier made from . . . pickles???


I did a double-take when I came across this article at Ars Technica, describing a chandelier that used gherkin pickles as 'light bulbs'.  To my astonishment, it seems this isn't an unknown phenomenon.  Here's a video report about the experiment.





You can read more about it at the link.

Personally, I've never been all that fond of pickled gherkins.  Now, English-style pickled onions, particularly when served with rich, nutty whole wheat bread and sharp cheddar cheese . . . that's another story!

Peter

4 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

Some people have way too much time on their hand.

SiGraybeard said...

I can scarcely imagine the stink. Burnin' gherkins and ozone? Yuck!

(Now that I think of it, Burnin' Gherkins would be good name for a 60s cover band)

Old NFO said...

+1 on BOTH the above... Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD... sigh

Rolf said...

On the other hand, isn't it great we live in an age when you CAN?
Weird, and cool.